English Русский Українська český 中國 Call Us Today! 1-416-857-4957

Student Immigration

Student ImmigrationCanada is highly respected around the world for having one of the best education systems – and it shows! Year after year, thousands and thousands of students from other nations arrive to pursue their education in a Canadian institution. At the Canada For Me Immigration Office, we offer our clients a wide range of Language Schools, Community Colleges, and accredited Universities to suit every need. We consider our clients’ educational goals as a priority as we work on their behalf.
At Canada For Me, our lawyers can also structure an “immigration path” for those so inclined. In fact, studying in Canada is a very good way to attain Canadian work experience – it’s an excellent advantage when planning to immigrate. We can help when it comes to considering permanent immigration options, especially for those who have graduated from a post-secondary program. As it is, studying in Canada can be integral in the process of becoming a permanent resident.

Before applying for a study permit, applicants must be accepted to an accredited Canadian educational institution. In Canada, the province (or territory) manages their own education system, and as such, each has different pre-requisites, options and opportunities for students. The lawyers at Canada For Me are fluent in English and French, and are therefore able to provide clients with Quebec immigration processing as well. Understandably, Quebec has its own, unique immigration policies, and in many cases they are much easier to navigate and apply. The team at Canada For Me can also assist clients with day-to-day needs – finding the appropriate educational institution; sourcing proper accommodations; transferring from one school to another; even assisting with the necessary medical insurance that’s required for each province.

  • Obtaining a Study Permit

    In Canada, the options for study are numerous: there are academic opportunities; professional or vocational training; accredited universities and community colleges; and other institutions. Each of these will require a study permit, even before entering Canada. In some cases, like short-term courses or programs (6 months or less), no permit is required. However, for those who might be studying for more than 6 months, a study permit is highly recommended before arrival.

  • Working off campus

    For those who want to work off campus, a work permit is definitely required. The Off-Campus Work Permit Program allows for two options: part-time work during regular academic sessions (maximum of 20 hours per week); and full-time work during scheduled academic breaks (winter break, summer holidays, spring break). The work can be in any field, and changing employers is permitted at any time and for any reason. To qualify for this special program, students must have a valid study permit and must be enrolled full-time at a recognized post-secondary educational institution.

  • Working on campus

    With a valid study permit, students may work on the campus they attend, without the need for a work permit. It could be work for the institution itself, or for a business located on campus. To do this, a student must be full-time at a public university; a community college; a CEGEP (collège d’enseignement général et professionnel); a publicly funded trade/technical school; or a private institution that is authorized to award degrees.

  • Working after graduation

    The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program allows a student to assemble valuable Canadian work experience after having completed their studies. This can be helpful when applying to become a permanent Canadian resident. To qualify for this program, a student must have graduated from a public or private educational institution that grants recognized degrees. Institutions may include universities, colleges, or CEGEP, each accredited by the province or territory.

  • Work permits for spouses

    A full-time student, with a valid study permit, enrolled at a recognized post-secondary institution, is permitted to have a spouse or common-law partner apply for a work permit. With a valid work permit, they can work in any chosen occupation and are allowed to change jobs at any time. The permits are valid for the same period of time as the student’s study permit.

  • Working While Studying

    In Canada, its possible to work and study while attending an educational institution. As a student, you (as well as a spouse or common-law partner) could work temporarily while studying.

  • Study Permit Extension

    For those who require, there are provisions for applying for a study permit renewal. Here, it’s important to apply well before a current permit expires to ensure that everything remains valid.

  • Co-op and internship programs

    For students enrolled in a study program that incorporates a “work experience” component, like a co-op or internship, both a work permit and a study permit are required. To obtain a work permit under this program, a student must prove that work experience is integral to the study program. There are a number of acceptable proofs when applying for this program, as long as the work experience does not comprise more than 50% of total program of study.

Do not waste your time! Get professional help!

At Canada For Me, we will fight for your rights and freedom. We will be able to help in any cases, only one thing you have to do is to contact us as soon as possible to have your case resolved as quickly as possible.

Contact us today


Please, enter a valid value

Canada For Me - Immigration Office

Please, enter a valid value